We prefer Candidates with U.S. Citizenship or Green Card and D.C. Metro area candidates only.
Areeva Solutions, LLC, founded in 2011, is a rapidly growing SBA 8(a) and SWaM certified IT Solutions and Project/Program Management consulting firm that works with several federal agencies to help streamline their business processes and develop innovative technology and management solutions to help them achieve their mission.
Areeva is a fun place to work where our employees are afforded the independence to explore, be creative, and self-manage their work. We trust our team members and firmly believe in them as being consummate professionals that are motivated to do their best work when provided the leeway to express and be creative. Being a small business, agility and swift execution is our strength. Team members have direct access to our CEO to pitch ideas as we strive to innovate and grow. We are a no bureaucracy organization with a flat org structure, a place that will truly allow you to break free and shine.
Areeva is looking for a Full-time Permanent AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer with 5-years of experience supporting a new program/customer to work at our client site in Rockville, MD. Please go to Grantsolutions to get knowledge of the entire grants lifecycle. This position will be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic, pending the safe return to Rockville, MD.
We offer an excellent benefits package along with competitive base compensation. Please visit our Website to review them in detail.
- Support Cloud development pipelines using Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Puppet and other tools as appropriate
- Support containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, other technologies
- Script and automate system tasks to reduce manual repetitive work using Terraform, Puppet and other technologies as appropriate
- Experience supporting Java applications on Tomcat
- Participate in production software deployments working closely with other members of the production support group to ensure the proper transition of system changes into the production environments
- Perform general technical trouble shooting & give consultation to development teams
- Report issues to management & work to identify root cause of system related issues
- Create & maintain technical documentation including system diagrams & operational procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5 Years of job-related experience deploying, maintaining, and managing AWS Cloud infrastructures.
- 4 Years of job-related experience supporting continuous delivery and code deployments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Management Information Systems or related field preferred or the equivalent combination of experience, education and training, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge and experience with various DevOps tools and technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve application and system related issues.
- Experience in Amazon Cloud (AWS) using EC2, S3, Lambda, VPC, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, and other related services.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve application and system-related issues.
- Knowledge of various DevOps tools and technologies, i.e., Jenkins, Puppet, and Kubernetes
- Knowledgeable in the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Knowledgeable in the AWS Best Practices
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Strong teamwork, planning, and coordination skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- A full understanding of the software development life cycle (Agile and Waterfall)
- Ability to independently research and resolve technical problems in a complex IT environment with local and remote groups
- Flexible work schedule options to accommodate work-life balance.
- Excellent benefits package with 3 weeks of PTO and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Company pays 75% of health/dental insurance premiums and 100% of life, STD, LTD, and Vision Insurance premiums.
- 3.5 % company match on 401K with immediate vesting.
- The company offers a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan.
Clearance Requirement: Candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance. Candidates must have been in the United States for 3 consecutive years out of the last 5 years.
Areeva Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law