We prefer Candidates with U.S. Citizenship or Green Card, and D.C. Metro area candidates only.
Areeva Solutions, LLC, founded in 2011, is a rapidly growing SBA 8(a) and SWaM certified IT Solutions and Project/Program Management consulting firm that works with several federal agencies to help streamline their business processes and develop innovative technology and management solutions to help them achieve their mission.
Areeva is a fun place to work where our employees are afforded the independence to explore, be creative, and self-manage their work. We trust our team members and firmly believe in them as being consummate professionals that are motivated to do their best work when provided the leeway to express and be creative. Being a small business, agility and swift execution is our strength. Team members have direct access to our CEO to pitch ideas as we strive to innovate and grow. We are a no bureaucracy organization with a flat org structure, a place that will truly allow you to break free and shine.
Areeva is looking for a Full-time Permanent Junior Full Stack Java Developer with 1-2 years of React experience supporting a new program/customer to work at our client site in Rockville, MD. Please go to Grantsolutions to know the entire grants lifecycle. This position will be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic, pending the safe return to Rockville, MD.
We offer an excellent benefits package along with competitive base compensation. Please visit our Website to review them in detail.
- Perform application development and support
- Understand and apply development design patterns.
- Understand and apply design methodologies including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis and Domain-Driven Design
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing, CQRS, etc.)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization
- Design and development of RESTful APIs
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts
- Provide support for critical production issues
- Be part of the Agile/Scrum cross-functional team and bring your unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish team goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or in an associated discipline or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 1 to 2 years of hands-on experience with Java/React
- 1 to 2 years'experience, both front and back end development experience
- Java 8+, Hibernate, Maven, relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.), REST Services, Spring Boot
- Experience with AWS platform services, and application/service deployment in AWS
- Experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Demonstrates critical thinking to problem-solving
- Demonstrates teamwork
- Self-motivated, ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of user-centric design
- Experience in an environment where Data analytics and machine learning is part of the enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of maintaining security continuous monitoring
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Flexible work schedule options to accommodate work-life balance.
- Excellent benefits package with 3 weeks of PTO and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Company pays 75% of health/dental insurance premiums and 100% of life, STD, LTD, and Vision Insurance premiums.
- 3.5 % company match on 401K with immediate vesting.
- The company offers a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan.
Clearance Requirement: Candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance. Candidates must have been in the United States 3 consecutive years out of the last 5 years.
Areeva Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law
Areeva Solutions, LLC. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.