We prefer only D.C. Metro area Candidates with U.S. Citizenship or Green Card due to the clearance requirements on federal contracts.
Areeva is looking for a Full-time Principal FP&A Analyst to work on a contract with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) overseeing a separate large five-year government contract supplying operational support to the GrantSolutions program, the leading federal shared services provider that supplies end-to-end grants management IT solutions for other federal agencies.
The Principal FP&A Analyst would work in an Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) capacity. This is an exciting role with far-reaching impact, overseeing the financials and contract compliance requirements on a $500 Million federal contract, providing an opportunity to do highly consequential work while aligning with some of the most talented resources within the federal government and federal contracting arena. Please go to GrantSolutions for additional information about the grants management services provided by GrantSolutions and the Partners served.
Supports the financial planning and analysis activities of the leading Federal shared services provider in the government serving over 10 cabinet-level and independent agencies.
- Proactively identifies and advises the government on financial problems and risks and drives to get the necessary decisions/actions taken to resolve those problems and risks.
- Interacts regularly with Senior Federal leadership.
- Provides support for financial planning and budget preparation for a $100M operation
- Supports financial planning activities including preparation of budgets/forecasts and midyear adjustments including depreciation and capital expenditures.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting and assists in developing meaningful reporting and analysis to provide an accurate financial overview of the business as well as drive informed decision-making.
- Experience in P&L management including month-end closing, variance & mix analysis, and development of plans and budgets.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
- Requires the ability to map and consolidate data from multiple sources. Includes cash flow, revenue, expense, obligation, allowance, A/R, and project activity reporting.
- Provide guidance and leadership to contributing team members.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and financial modeling.
- Supports the day-day accounting and bookkeeping activities of the shared services organization including monthly billings to other Federal agencies as well as tracking Interagency Agreements (IAA) revenue/IAA accounts receivable, expense/payments, cash flow, obligations, and all contract financial-related activities.
- Ensures the timely response to financial data calls, including designing the process to gather necessary information and delegating tasks when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent.
- 10+ years of accounting and finance experience and at least 4 years of experience in a management or lead capacity.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and finance best practices.
- Strong experience and understanding of Federal Government systems, processes, and tools as well as Federal Cost Accounting principles.
- Exceptionally strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to recognize, prioritize, track, and resolve multiple ongoing issues.
- Advanced finance, accounting, and Excel modeling skills including pivot tables. Strong PowerPoint skills are preferable.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with senior executives, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
- This position may require one-two days in the DC office.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Due to federal orders, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of hire.
Areeva Solutions, LLC, founded in 2011, is a rapidly growing SBA 8(a) and SWaM-certified IT Solutions and Project/Program Management consulting firm that works with several federal agencies to help streamline their business processes and develop innovative technology and management solutions to help them achieve their mission.
Areeva is a fun place to work where our employees are afforded the independence to explore, be creative, and self-manage their work. We trust our team members and firmly believe in them as being consummate professionals that are motivated to do their best work when provided the leeway to express and be creative. Being a small business, agility and swift execution is our strength. Team members have direct access to our CEO to pitch ideas as we strive to innovate and grow. We are a no bureaucratic organization with a flat org structure, a place that will truly allow you to break free and shine.
With multiple government-wide contract vehicles (GWACs) available to us, we are growing and are looking for resources that see themselves growing with the organization, and have a long-term career path in mind.
We offer an excellent benefits package along with competitive base compensation. Please visit our website to review them in detail.
Areeva Solutions is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law
Areeva Solutions, LLC. participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.